2009-2010 ILRS Report
International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS) 2009-2010 Report
Edited by C. Noll and M. Pearlman
This 2009-2010 volume is the fifth published report for the International Laser Ranging Service (ILRS). With this next report, we have chosen to modify the format from those used in previous years, concentrating on achievements and work in progress rather than ILRS organizational elements. The 2009-2010 ILRS Annual Report is structured as follows:
- Science Report, examines the ILRS role in the ITRF, its synergy with the other geodetic techniques, and some interesting applications for both SLR and LLR.
- About the ILRS, reviews the service, its mission, structure, and role in space geodesy.
- ILRS Network, provides the current status and recent performance statistics of the international stations supporting the ILRS and offers a perspective on site surveys and system co-locations. An update on field engineering activities is also provided.
- Supported Missions, gives information about many of the current and future missions supported by the ILRS.
- Operations, discusses data center developments, satellite predictions, ILRS tracking priorities, recent developments in the area of dynamic priorities, and the flow of on-site normal points and full-rate data.
- Analysis Activities, reviews the recent developments in the ILRS Analysis Working Group including the three pilot projects begun in 2002, Computation of Station Positions and EOPs, Orbits, and Software Benchmarking.
- Reporting and Outreach, reviews website development, station performance reporting, and ILRS-related publications.
- Working Group Reports, details the status of the ILRS Working Groups, recent accomplishments, and future plans.
- Retroreflector Array Developments, includes ILRS standards in the area, performance modeling activities, and studies on future arrays.
- Emerging Technologies, includes information about high repetition rate lasers and systems, detectors, timers and frequency standards, multi-wavelength ranging, and other hardware that will help advance the accuracy and automation of laser ranging systems. Also included are new applications for the SLR technique.
- AC, AAC and Lunar AAC Reports, presents individual summaries from ILRS analysis, associate analysis, and lunar associate analysis centers.
- Station Reports, includes information received from the stations contributing to the ILRS network.
- Meeting Summaries, reviews ILRS-related meetings in 2009-2010 and reports issued by the service over that period.
- Bibliography, lists some of the papers and presentations about SLR and LLR science and technology made during 2009-2010.
- Appendix, ILRS Information, lists organizations participating in the ILRS and defines acronyms used in this report.
|Section||PDF size - KB|
|Section 0 - Table of Contents, etc||800|
|Section 1 - Science Report||605|
|Section 2 - About the ILRS||730|
|Section 3 - ILRS Network||845|
|Section 4 - Supported Missions||365|
|Section 5 - Operations||740|
|Section 6 - Analysis Activities||390|
|Section 7 - Reporting and Outreach||2,100|
|Section 8 - Working Group Reports||585|
|Section 9 - Retroreflector Array Developments||680|
|Section 10 - Emerging Technologies||215|
|Section 11 - AC, AAC and Lunar AAC Reports||1,600|
|Section 12 - Station Reports||3,400|
|Section 13 - Meeting Summaries||460|
|Section 14 - Bibliography||470|
|Appendix - ILRS Information||490|