Persons affiliated with recognized ILRS institutions and who routinely participate in any of the ILRS activities (management, missions, tracking, engineering, operations, data analysis, archiving, etc.) are eligible to be ILRS Associates. To gain official membership in the ILRS, an approved ILRS institution must submit the person’s name, email, and primary ILRS function in the organization to the CB. ILRS Associates do not have to be employed by their institution sponsor; they merely need to provide a recognized ILRS-related service to the sponsoring institution under a contractual or cooperative arrangement. The Associate’s stated function shall determine his/her eligibility to nominate and/or vote for specific GB representatives as described in Section 3.3.
Associates may attend open (non-executive) ILRS meetings, which are announced to the general community by the CB, place nominations for elected GB posts, vote in ILRS elections, and serve on the Governing Board if appointed or elected. The CB maintains a directory (electronic and/or hard copy) of ILRS Associates, and their approved association with a particular component of the ILRS.
ILRS Associates are considered IAG Affiliates with the corresponding rights and privileges.
ILRS Correspondents are persons on a mailing list maintained by the Central Bureau, who do not actively participate in the ILRS, but who either express interest in receiving ILRS publications, wish to participate in workshops or scientific meetings organized by the ILRS, or generally are interested in ILRS activities. Ex-officio ILRS Correspondents are the following persons:
- IAG President and Vice-President
- IAG Secretary General
- Presidents of IAG Commissions:
- IAG Commission 1: Reference Frames
- IAG Commission 2: Gravity Field
- IAG Commission 3: Earth Rotation and Geodynamics
- IAG Commission 4: Positioning and Applications
- IAG Inter-commission on Theory (ICCT)
- IAG Communication and Outreach Branch (COB)
- Chairs and Directors of affiliated IAG Services:
- International GNSS Service (IGS)
- International VLBI Service for Geodesy and Astrometry (IVS)
- International DORIS Service (IDS)
- International Gravity Field Service (IGFS)
- International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS)
- Other IAG Services
- Chair of the Global Geodetic Observing System (GGOS)
- IUGG Secretary General
- Former Governing Board members