ILRS Transponder Standing Committee (TSC)
The primary objectives of this team are:
- Investigate the potential of transponder applications for space geodesy, physics of the solar system, and relativity/fundamental physics
- Evaluate the operational and technological consequences for participating ILRS stations and analysis centers, which a respective transponder application may imply. This includes hardware and operating software modifications, prediction format issues, data file structures, and formats and data reduction practices as well as laser safety.
- Evaluate the instrumental requirements of the space segment, including the range reduction to the center of mass of the spacecraft, space transponder design and telemetry requirements.
- Promote the use of the existing SLR satellite constellation in simulating interplanetary laser ranging, time transfer, and optical communications through the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Act as a point of contact between interested agencies and the ILRS.